Sumptuous autumn berries make for a comforting pie
Prep: 15 mins - Cook: 45 mins
1. Heat oven to 180C/Fan 160C/Gas 4. Sift the flour and salt into a bowl. Cut the butter into small pieces and rub in until the mixture looks like fine breadcrumbs.
2. Mix in the lemon zest, sugar, egg yolk and a little milk to form a dough. Knead lightly.
3. Into a shallow 900ml dish, add the apples and blackberries. Sprinkle over some caster sugar to your preferred sweetness.
4. On a lightly floured surface, roll out the pastry until it is large enough to cover the pie. Place the pastry over the filled pie dish, then seal the edges. You can flute the edges if desired.
5. Glaze the top of the pie with a little milk, and bake for 40-45 minutes or until golden.
Cold, refreshing, and seriously simple
A hearty winter soup – this is ideal for cooking on a simmering stove top
A lightly spiced Christmas pudding
For those of us with a sweet tooth, enjoy these tempting breakfast pancakes
Deliciously warming pumpkin soup
Tantalizing paella with a kick of paprika and a zing of lemon
Simple recipe with simple ingredients – getting back to basics with eggs and tomatoes
Naughty but nice, this hazelnut milkshake is the perfect treat